- TestPosted 1 year ago
- Sinulog FestivalPosted 2 years ago
- Bailes de LucesPosted 2 years ago
- Countdown to the New YearPosted 2 years ago
- Festivals of Negros: Telling the Story of Our PeoplePosted 2 years ago
- Saigon CafePosted 2 years ago
- Business InnPosted 2 years ago
- Pasalamat FestivalPosted 2 years ago
- Inasal on a wet afternoonPosted 2 years ago
- They’ve come a long way, indeedPosted 2 years ago
2013 IYAS Writers’ Workshop Fellows
By admin on April 5, 2013
* A float parade will open the 20th Pana-ad sa Negros Festival on Monday, April 8, 2013 which will start from the Capitol Lagoon at 2pm and will end at the Pana-ad Park and Stadium in Barangay Mansilingan.
* HERE are this year’s workshop fellows of IYAS National Writers’ Workshop of the University of Saint La Salle (USLS) – Leon Cedric Tan and Michael
Aaron Gomez (for English fiction), Danilo Nino Calalang and Jay Jomar Quintos (for Filipino fiction), Manuel Avenido, Jr. (for Cebuano fiction).
* STEFANI Patricia Kelly Tran and Robert Klemente Timonera (for English poetry), Rommel Roxas and John Elmer Templonuevo (for Filipino poetry),
Maria Carmie Flor Ortega and Erik Enriquez Tuban (for Cebuano poetry) and JP Anthony Cunada, Winston Gallo and Nikos Primavera (for Hiligaynon poetry).
* THERE were eighty two applicants this year.
* THE workshop, with Dinah Roma-Sianturi as director, will be held on Sunday, April 21, 2013 to Saturday, April 27, 2013 at the USLS Balay Kalinungan.
* PANELISTS are Genevieve Asenjo, Ronald Baytan, Danilo Reyes, Grace Monte de Ramos, John Iremil Teodoro, Marjorie Evasco and Elsie Coscolluela.
* BIENVENIDO N. Santos Creative Writing Center and the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) sponsor the workshop.
* 101 high school students from forty four schools in Negros Occidental qualified for scholarships of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST).
* OF these, ninety-two poor but deserving students qualified for scholarships under the Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994 while nine students qualified for the DOST-Science Education Institute Merit Scholarship.